Fan climbs scoreboard and ‘urinates off stadium roof’ as England beat Australia

Offbeat news from the world of sport

A fervent fan looked to climb onto the top of the scoreboard during England's win over Australia and leap across to another stand before appearing to urinate into the crowd.

The supporter was arrested by NSW Police during Saturday evening's Wallabies Test match, where the Aussies suffered a 21-17 defeat. England claimed the Ella-Mobbs Cup with a 2-1 series victory and Eddie Jones' men put together a superb defensive performance in the second half to round off a solid win.

But the talking points were directed firmly in the direction of the fan who appeared to wee off the side of the structure. In the second half, a patron allegedly climbed the iconic SCG big screen – before then jumping across to the roof of the large O'Reilly Stand.

READ MORE: Nadine Dorries says favourite rugby league moment is Jonny Wilkinson's union drop goal

Viral footage then showed the man appearing the urinate off the side of the roof. Understandably, videos have done the rounds on social media. One commented on Instagram: "The things you do to find a bit of reception." Another said: "I'd be p***ing all over myself if I tried the over the top method in jeans…#TrackiesAreEasier." A third quipped: "Territorial scenting, marking his territory."

NSW Police confirmed to Aussie site that a 31-year-old man had been arrested and taken to Surry Hills Police Station following the incident that took place.

Their statement read: "About 9.20pm last night (Saturday 16 July 2022), a man was at a sporting stadium at Moore Park when he allegedly climbed onto the top of a scoreboard within the stadium, and onto the roof of a spectator’s stand. Officers attached to Surry Hills Police Area Command and the Police Rescue attended and safely removed the man a short time later, before he was arrested.

"The 31-year-old man was taken to Surry Hills Police Station where he was charged with behave in offensive manner in/near public place and climb on buildings on scheduled lands without approval."

The report goes on to state that the man was granted conditional bail and will appear before a local court on July 25. Meanwhile a spokesperson confirmed to that the individual in question would receive a two-year ban from the venue.


  • 5 biggest release clauses in football today – no Prem stars or Lionel Messi included

  • Raphinha's gorgeous wife celebrates Barcelona move with saucy smooch

  • Frenkie de Jong's message to Barcelona team-mates amid Man Utd transfer talk

  • Rugby union

Source: Read Full Article