Anthony Joshua ACCEPTS offer from Tyson Fury for British blockbuster

BREAKING NEWS: Anthony Joshua’s team say he has ACCEPTED Tyson Fury’s offer of a 60-40 purse split to fight at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium – but on the condition the date is set for the last Saturday before Christmas

Anthony Joshua has accepted Tyson Fury’s offer for a Battle of Britain clash in December this year after Frank Warren sent written terms to Eddie Hearn. 

Warren has offered a 60/40 split purse for the blockbuster bout and named the Millennium stadium as the potential location for the world title fight. 

Joshua and his team have accepted the terms outlined by Fury and his representatives but stated the fight must take place on December 17 rather than the November 12th date suggested by Warren.   

Eddie Hearn (left) has received written terms from Frank Warren over a Battle of Britain clash between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua (right) 

WBC heavyweight champion Fury handed Joshua a world title lifeline on Monday morning, challenging him to a blockbuster bout in December. 

Joshua publicly accepted the offer but told Fury he would not engage in ‘online discussions just for clout’. Instead, he told the Gypsy King to approach his representatives. 

Hearn and Matchroom boxing have now confirmed that Fury’s promoter sent over written terms for a potential bout this year and AJ’s team have since accepted.

Frank Warren (pictured, centre) has sent over a written offer for the fight and AJ has accepted 

Warren has offered a 60/40 split purse for the fight – which  is a generous offer considering Fury’s last fight with Dillian Whyte was an 80/20 split. 

Warren also included a rematch clause in the deal and proposed for the fight to take place on November 12th. 

Joshua and his team have accepted the terms, but only on the condition that the fight takes place on December 17th. 

Joshua (right) has suffered successive defeats to Ukrainian mastermind Oleksandr Usyk (left)

Fury has been pushing for an undisputed bout against WBA, WBO and IBF titleholder Usyk after the Ukrainian mastermind handed Joshua a second-successive points defeat last month.

However, Usyk has ruled himself out of fighting until next year – forcing Fury to go on the hunt for a new opponent. 

Fury – who has said he is eager to defend his WBC belt this year regardless of Usyk’s availability – has subsequently called out Joshua. 

More to follow… 




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article