Anthony Joshua reveals lockdown stopped him having a breakdown

‘I went into training camps questioning if I going to come out the other side’: Anthony Joshua reveals lockdown stopped him having a breakdown after feeling like he was ‘going to crash’

  • AJ has said that the national lockdown stopped him from having a breakdown
  • He went into training questioning if he was ‘going to come out the other side’
  • The world heavyweight champion said the pandemic allowed him to ‘breathe’
  • Joshua is preparing for a blockbuster undisputed heavyweight fight with Fury

Anthony Joshua has said revealed the UK’s national lockdown stopped him from having a breakdown after feeling like he was going to ‘crash’ in training.

The world heavyweight champion said he had been heading into camps questioning whether he was ‘going to come out the other side’, admitting he had felt run down.

However, the lockdown allowed Joshua to take a moment to ‘breathe’, with the heavyweight world champions admitting that the Covid pandemic acted as a positive to help him recover.

Anthony Joshua has said that the national lockdown stopped him from having a breakdown

According to The Sun, Joshua said: ‘I never want to say Covid has been a blessing as for 99 per cent of people it has been so life-changing and tough for people.

‘But if there is a positive we got out of this negative it’s I feel like I was going to crash.

‘There were times going into training camp I was thinking, “I don’t know if I am going to come out the other side of this”. I am that ill, run-down’.

Joshua said he went into training questioning if he was ‘going to come out the other side’

‘We’re spending a lot of time promoting boxing and it’s hard.

‘During the pandemic I was like, “Breathe. Take a second” and I just looked around.’

Joshua is currently preparing for a blockbuster undisputed heavyweight fight with Tyson Fury. 

It is believed the details of the fight could be announced after Billy Joe Saunders’ fight with Canelo Alvarez on Saturday. 

Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn has stated that a deal is now done for the fight and it is expected to take place on August 14 in Saudi Arabia.  


Joshua is currently preparing for a blockbuster undisputed heavyweight fight with Tyson Fury 

Hearn has said the details of the fight could be announced after Saunders and Canelo fight

Hearn told Fight Hub TV: ‘A lot of people think we’re going to announce on Saturday… we might. It won’t be far off that if we do [delay]. 

‘Fury is on board, AJ is on board, they’ve all signed the site agreement, but it’s a lot of money. Unfortunately I can’t just tell the lawyers to hurry up.

‘But that fight is done, and you’ll get an announcement very soon.’ 




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article