Dana White breaks silence on sexual assault allegations against Conor McGregor

Dana White has said Conor McGregor "doesn't need any help or advice" after the retired UFC star was accused of sexual assault.

But the UFC president says McGregor knows where to find him if he needs some support.

McGregor has denied allegations of attempted sexual assault and indecent exposure in Corsica.

The former two-weight UFC world champion was arrested after an alleged incident in a bar and was questioned by police.

McGregor, known as 'The Notorious' has been accused of ‘exhibiting his private parts’ to a young married woman as she entered a bar toilet, and then assaulting her.

The 32-year-old has been released without charge, but is now awaiting the results of ‘key physical tests’ and ‘the examination of film evidence’ before learning whether he will be re-arrested.

White was asked whether the latest controversy involving McGregor would prevent a potential return to the UFC.

There has been speculation he will make another comeback, having retired for the third time in four years this summer.

"I don't know enough about the Conor situation," said White at the UFC Fight Night 177 post-fight press conference.

"I know what you've read. I've read the same things. Conor is retired. I haven't talked to him. I'm sure he doesn't need my help or advice, but if he did, he can call."

McGregor has refuted the allegations against him through his representative, who said: "Conor Mcgregor vigorously denies any accusations of misconduct. He has been interviewed and released."

McGregor proposed to long-term girlfriend Dee Devlin last month, and has spent several weeks in the Mediterranean as he prepared for a 180km voyage to raise awareness for water safety.

He was due to start the event with Princess Charlene of Monaco on Sunday but was forced to withdraw.

Although retired, McGregor has remained in the USADA drug-testing pool and welcomed officials onto his £3million yacht this week for a random test.

And when asked about the prospect of a comeback, White teased the idea of match-up between McGregor and fellow multidivisional champion Henry Cejudo.

"Cejudo has got a lot in the gas tank, too," said White.

"He could definitely fight again.

"But I think when you have a guy like Conor and Cejudo that have done it for a long time and cut weight, dieting, all the bulls**t you go through and then you make a lot of money, you just don't feel like doing it any more.

"A lot of people don't think Conor's really done."

McGregor's last fight saw him beat Donald Cerrone inside 40 seconds in January.

Source: Read Full Article