Deontay Wilder’s fiancee questions Tyson Fury’s excuse for postponing fight

Deontay Wilder's fiancee Telli Swift has accused Tyson Fury of 'buying time' after their trilogy bout was rescheduled for October.

Reports have confirmed that there was an outbreak of Covid-19 in Fury's camp which has lead to a rescheduling of the contest that was set to take place on July 24.

Wilder who suffered resounding defeat to the 'Gypsy King' back in February 2020, was prepared to try and secure a shock comeback victory and Swift believes that the fight should still be going ahead on the original planned date.

"I just feel like with Covid and you have 16 days until the fight, he should still be able to fight and make it happen," she told TMZ.

"I don’t think that he’s ready. I think he’s buying time, and I just feel like he feels Deontay is at the best looking-wise."

Fury has been reported to have himself tested positive for the virus in America, but was pictured greeting fans in and around Las Vegas last week amid speculation he could return to the UK.

Wilder, meanwhile, has been plotting a revenge plan with trainer Malik Scott, who has publicly backed him to dethrone Fury who he believes looks 'vulnerable' ahead of the pair facing off again in the ring.

Scott told Sky Sports : "They both have the power to hurt each other, the difference is that Deontay has the power to knock you out.

"Fury is undefeated but is vulnerable. That won't make sense to most humans.

"He is an unbeaten fighter but is very beatable. He gives you an opportunity to hit him.

"It is our job to take advantage of those opportunities. I believe Deontay will, and I believe he will knock Fury out in the trilogy."

A trilogy contest between the pair was originally never set to take place, with Fury having signed a contract for a mega undisputed clash with British rival Anthony Joshua, but a court ruling gave Wilder the opportunity to attempt redemption at the top of the heavyweight division.

Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn responded to the news of the fresh postponement citing 'poor ticket sales' as the reason for the fight being unable to go ahead.

But Tyson Fury's co-promoter Frank Warren has rubbished 'conspiracy theories' of Fury deliberately calling the fight off, stating that ticket sales were 'better than expected' due to Fury's British fans being unable to travel over to watch the bout.

The lineal heavyweight champion has since responded to the rumours himself surrounding the postponement of his first ever world-title defence, stating that he will come back 'better than ever' and knock Wilder 'spark out'.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum also confirmed that Fury rejected his second coronavirus vaccination, after raising fears of ill effects derailing his bid to defeat Wilder once again.

Fury's Queensberry Promotions stablemate Joe Joyce will be in action this weekend against heavyweight Carlos Takam looking to earn himself a world title shot against Anthony Joshua by reinstating himself as WBO mandatory challenger.

Source: Read Full Article