Eubank Jr appears to confirm he still intends to fight Benn

Chris Eubank Jr breaks his silence and appears to confirm that he WILL fight Conor Benn… just days after his father sensationally claimed he was going to pull him out over concerns about his son dropping down to a catchweight for the grudge match

  • Chris Eubank Sr recently claimed he wasn’t going to let his son fight Conor Benn
  • Eubank Sr is not happy that Eubank Jr is going down to 157lbs for the fight
  • Eubank Jr has broken his silence to indicate that he still intends to fight Benn
  • The grudge match between the pair now looks set to go ahead on October 8 

Chris Eubank Jr has broken his silence to seemingly confirm that he will fight Conor Benn next month, after his father claimed that he would not allow the grudge match to go ahead due to concerns over his son’s health.

Eubank Sr told Sportsmail earlier this week that he was not happy with his son coming down to 157lbs to take on Benn at a catchweight, and that he had decided to pull Eubank Jr out of the fight.

‘That fight does not happen,’ Eubank Sr said.

Chris Eubank Sr does not want his son to fight Conor Benn at a catchweight limit of 157lbs

Conor Benn has teased Eubank Jr after his dad’s comments, claiming he has been ‘grounded’

‘I’ve given him my direction. If he doesn’t want to follow it, he will be dragged along. But he will do what is right for him… he is coming down 1oz below 160lbs which cannot happen on my watch.’

Benn reacted to Eubank Sr’s comments by poking fun at his rival, as he claimed Eubank Jr had been ‘grounded’ and was dealing with ‘daddy issues’.

However, Eubank Jr’s promoter Kalle Sauerland looked to alleviate any fears that the bout could be cancelled by confirming on talkSPORT on Tuesday that it was still ‘absolutely on’.

Eubank Jr now looks to have put any doubts over the fight to bed in a post on Twitter on Wednesday afternoon.

Alongside a picture of himself sitting on his car in front of Brighton Palace Pier, Eubank Jr wrote: ’24 days left until me & Benn scrap for all the marbles.’

Eubank Jr has now appeared to confirm that he intends to go ahead with the fight next month

https://usasportsradar.com/soccer/danny-murphy-thinks-trent-alexander-arnold-could-miss-world-cup-spot/

Eubank Jr has previously said that he would like his father to be in his corner on the night for the third installment of the Eubank-Benn rivalry.

Whether Eubank Sr will take him up on this offer after his remarks remains to be seen.

It is understood that ‘Next Gen’ has also agreed to a rehydration clause which means he cannot weigh more than 162lbs on the morning of the fight.

Eubank Sr is likely to have reservations about this, given that this may prevent his son from refuelling properly ahead of getting into the ring.

Eubank Jr does not appear concerned, though, with his Twitter post showing him in a relaxed mood just over three weeks out from one of the biggest fights of his career. 




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article