Floyd Mayweather vs Logan Paul fight rules as new summer date set

Floyd Mayweather and Logan Paul are set to clash on June 5 in their rearranged exhibition bout.

The fight was due to be held in February but was delayed due to what Paul complained of as "complications" dealing with Mayweather.

The former pound-for-pound No.1 confirmed the fight would still take place over the weekend when he named five potential host cities – Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas and Atlanta.

And a report from The Athletic claims the bout has now been pencilled in for June, on the same night as Teofimo Lopez defends his lightweight world titles against George Kambosas.

The undercard of that world title fight will also feature the return of Evander Holyfield in an exhibition against Kevin McBride.

The report also claims that Mayweather will give up 30lb to Paul with limits of 160lb and 190lb in place respectively.

Paul said earlier this year that the fight will take place over six three-minute rounds.

The social media star has fought once as a professional, in his rematch with fellow YouTuber KSI in 2019.

His brother Jake has won three professional bouts, most recently against former UFC star Ben Asrken last weekend.

After the delay to his fight with Mayweather, Paul said in January: “I’ll say this – the complications are when you are dealing with someone like Floyd Mayweather who is the most desired, highest paid fighter on the planet and he operates at a certain calibre, and the people around him want to make sure their talent, their fighter is performing at a certain level, there are a lot hoops to jump through.

“There a lot of people involved and you’ve only got one shot at it so you need to get it absolutely 1,000 per cent right.

“We’re just making sure we’re doing that. But yeah, I’m still going to beat the s*** out of Floyd Mayweather.

“Or, maybe he’s going to beat the s*** out of me, who knows? The point is it’s still going to happen.”

Source: Read Full Article