Fury arrives home at Manchester Airport as Wilder calls for trilogy fight

Man of the moment Tyson Fury landed back home at Manchester Airport on Tuesday morning – hours after Deontay Wilder confirmed he plans to activate his rematch clause for a trilogy fight.

Fresh off the back of his sensational win over Wilder to become world heavyweight champion for a second time, Fury arrived back in the UK at around 7:55am.

He was given an escort through the airport by police as he was greeted by fans and soaked up the atmosphere after arguably the biggest win of his career.

Fury dominated Wilder from the first bell until his corner threw in the towel in the seventh round, capturing his WBC heavyweight strap to cap off one of boxing's greatest comebacks.

The Gypsy King serenaded wife Paris by singing American Pie in the ring immediately after the fight.

He then shared an emotional phone-call with dad John, unable to travel to America to watch the fight, before heading to the famous Hakkasan nightclub for his wild after party.

The family continued their celebrations on Sunday afternoon, joining fans outside the Nine Fine Irishman pub in the Las Vegas sunshine before flying back to the UK.

They were joined by brother Tommy Fury and girlfriend Molly-Mae Hague, who flew back to the UK on an earlier flight and arrived in Manchester late on Monday night.

Fury will now soak up his achievements back in his Morecambe home whilst considering his next move after climbing to the back of the summit of the most lucrative division in boxing.

There have been loud calls for a fight with British rival Anthony Joshua to decide the undisputed champion – but that mega fight might have to wait.

Wilder broke his silence after his defeat on Monday night and confirmed he does plan to activate his rematch clause within the next 30 days to enforce a trilogy fight.

His third fight with Fury is expected to take place at the end of July with Las Vegas again the most likely venue.

Source: Read Full Article