Jake Paul makes offer to Eubank Jr in deleted tweet after Benn fight collapses

Jake Paul offered Chris Eubank Jr ringside seats to his fight against Anderson Silva in a quickly-deleted tweet. The 33-year-old was set to take on Conor Benn in a generational clash this Saturday at the O2 Arena, but the fight is now in jeopardy following a positive drug test returned by Benn.

Paul heard the news and cheekily offered Eubank Jr an opportunity to watch his upcoming bout with UFC legend Anderson Silva later this month in a tweet after the pair had previously bickered online. He wrote: "Chris I got front row seats for you for #PaulSilva October 29th. Come see if you really want to do this."

This comes after Eubank Jr offered to fight the YouTuber-turned boxer after his battle with Hasim Rahman Jr, 31, was axed amid a weight dispute at the end of July. The former IBO super-middleweight champ would be keen on stepping into the ring with ‘The Problem Child’, but only for an eye-watering sum of £20million.

READ MORE: Conor Benn vs Chris Eubank Jr could still face U-turn with decision at hearing

Determined to keep the fight alive, however, promoter Eddie Hearn intends to fight the British Boxing Board of Control with legal action and wants to find a way around the issue. He said: “We need answers from the board and they are hiding. That statement about the good of boxing is flaky but it gets them off the hook.

“We need to get in a room and be sensible and see what the situation is. There could be an injunction and our advice has been that we would be successful. But I don’t want to go that route. We just need to know if Conor is clear to fight or not. and they don't seem to know.”

Benn sent shockwaves through the boxing world after it was revealed this afternoon he has tested positive for banned substance and female fertility drug clomifene, which is also understood to increase testosterone levels. It was found in Benn's sample A specimen from a drugs test conducted by VADA and his B sample is yet to be tested.

The fight is now in doubt following the positive test and the British Boxing Board of Control said cancelled the fight this weekend. Benn has maintained his innocence and stressed that he is clean, and still wants the fight to go ahead on Saturday night.

"I have not committed any violations and I've not been suspended. As far as I'm concerned the fight is going to go ahead," Benn said during today’s open workout. "I've signed up to every voluntary anti-doping testing there is. I've never had any issues before.

“So my team will find out why there's been an initial adverse finding in my test. I'm a clean athlete and we'll get to the bottom of this."

READ NEXT:

  • Unbeaten boxer tells Eddie Hearn he'll ’save the show’ by fighting Chris Eubank Jr

  • Conor Benn breaks silence after drugs test – before Chris Eubank Jr denies they've spoken

  • Eddie Hearn explains how Conor Benn vs Chris Eubank Jr fight can still go ahead

Source: Read Full Article