Oleksandr Usyk’s promoter confirms they have won the purse bid for Usyk vs Daniel Dubois… before revealing their plans to stage the WBA, IBF & WBO heavyweight world title fight on August 12 in Poland
- Oleksandr Usyk’s promoter has won the purse bid for his fight with Daniel Dubois
- They are looking to stage the world title fight on August 12 in Wroclaw, Poland
- The purse split is 75/25 – meaning Usyk will receive $6m and Dubois will get $2m
Oleksandr Usyk’s promoter Alex Krassyuk has announced that they have won the purse bid for the Ukrainian’s fight with Daniel Dubois.
Krassyuk has also revealed their plans to stage the WBA, IBF & WBO heavyweight world title fight on August 12 in Wroclaw, Poland.
According to reports, Krassyuk bid $8million to secure the heavyweight title fight, while Frank Warren is said to have tabled $5.6m during the purse bid on Thursday.
Additionally, the purse split is said to be 75/25 in Usyk’s favour – meaning the Ukrainian will receive $6m and Dubois will receive $2m from the fight this summer.
Queensberry Promotions took to Twitter shortly after the purse bid to say: ‘We are fully behind Daniel Dubois in his unified world heavyweight title fight against Oleksandr Usyk.’
They finished by adding: ‘It’s me to shock the world – UK get behind this young man!! #AndTheNew’.
Oleksandr Usyk ‘s promoter Alex Krassyuk has announced that they have won the purses bids for the Ukrainian’s fight against Daniel Dubois
Krassyuk has also revealed their plans to stage the WBA, IBF & WBO heavyweight world title fight against Dubois (above) on August 12 in Wroclaw, Poland
Usyk has been ordered to defend his unified heavyweight titles against Dubois after failing to negotiate a mega-fight with Tyson Fury last month.
Usyk had suggested a 70-30 split in Fury’s favour to push a deal through. However, the Ukrainian eventually pulled the plug on talks.
He grew frustrated with Fury’s excessive demands – such as asking for a rematch clause to be removed from their fight contract.
However, Fury’s loss is very much Dubois’ gain in this case, with the WBA now pressing ahead with their mandatory requirements.
Dubois is gearing up for his first world heavyweight title challenge and undoubtedly the biggest test of his six-year career so far.
The Greenwich fighter has claimed 19 victories, 18 of which came by knockout, with his sole defeat coming at the hands of domestic rival Joe Joyce in November 2020.
Despite leading on the scorecards at the time, Dubois was forced to retire in the 10th round of his showdown with Joyce after suffering a fractured eye socket.
However, he bounced back from the defeat and registered four straight wins before being linked with the Ukrainian.
Usyk will face his mandatory challenger after failing to agree terms with Tyson Fury (pictured)
Many have questioned whether it would be wise for Dubois to jump in with Usyk at this stage of his career, however the man himself insists he is ready for the challenge.
‘I believe I can knock him out,’ he recently told Seconds Out. ‘I want to end the reign of Usyk, take all the belts and fulfil my promise and what my potential is.’
‘I’ve got the timing, I’ve got the youth and I’ve got the speed. With my coaches, and the team I’ve got around me, I feel like this is where miracles can happen.”
‘He’s just another guy. He’s fit and he’s proven he’s a talented boxer. But I believe I can do it.’
More to follow…
Source: Read Full Article
Boxer jailed after spending home detention at lavish hotel and £2.7m penthouse
Tyson Fury remains the ultimate goal for Anthony Joshua – but fans are tired
Conor McGregor gets brutal response from Carl Froch after tabling fight offer
How Anthony Joshua reacted to Tyson Fury's latest fight offer
Bare knuckle boxer shows off her brutal black eyes while posing in tiny thong