Prince Naseem tells Anthony Joshua to retire after Oleksandr Usyk loss

Prince Naseem has told Anthony Joshua to retire from boxing after his unanimous decision loss to Oleksandr Usyk at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Saturday night.

Joshua suffered the second defeat of his career to the powerful Ukrainian and lost his WBA, IBF and WBO world heavyweight champion titles to Usyk.

The defeat has also further delayed a potential fight with fellow Brit Tyson Fury, who will defend his world title against Deontay Wilder in Las Vegas next month.

It had been hoped that the pair would square off to unify the heavyweight division, but Joshua is now set to push for a rematch with Usyk first.

Speaking to ITV Box Office, Naseem said: “I just think this guy is not on the level he thinks he is. I think he’s in dream world.

“You know what, I know this sounds terrible, I think he should finish.

“Listen, I personally don’t think he’s a hard puncher anywhere, in this game you need a get out of jail card, you need to be able to put them away.

“You need to smash them up.”

Former featherweight champion Naseem lost just once during his decade-long professional career before he retired at just 28, finishing with a record of 36 wins and one loss.

Should Anthony Joshua retire from boxing? Let us know in the comments section below.

31-year-old Joshua will now be forced to try and win back the belts he forfeited by losing to Usyk for the second time, having done the same when he avenged his loss to Andy Ruiz Jr in 2019.

Joshua struggled to contend with Usyk and was outclassed by the unbeaten former cruiserweight world champion.

Usyk is now undefeated in 19 professional bouts at cruiserweight and heavyweight after his impressive display against Joshua.

This was the second defeat of Joshua's career and leaves his record at 24 wins and two losses.

Source: Read Full Article