Tyson Fury appeared to confirm he will fight Anthony Joshua in July during a video call with Mexican boxing legend Julio Cesar Chavez.
The British heavyweights are expected to officially announce their undisputed world title fight within days having signed contracts last month.
The clash, which could be worth £200million, is expected to take place in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed this week that July 24, 31 and August 7 were the three dates which had been earmarked.
And during a call with Chavez, Fury was asked if he was preparing for a fight. He replied, 'Yes, in July."
Hearn has previously said that July 24 was the preferred date for the fight but that the decision was ultimately down to the host country.
Fury's promoter Bob Arum revealed earlier this week that the fight will take place in a 20,000-capacity arena in the Saudi port town.
"It’s going to have to be within the next 10 days, maybe two weeks,” Arum told Boxing Scene. “It’s a massive economic deal.
"We have (site) contracts now that we are marking up and so forth. It’s a big step; we’re just doing the paperwork now with the Saudis."
And Hearn confirmed: "It’s as done as it can be. It’s non stop at the moment, but it’s happening, it’s 100 per cent happening.
“In the world today, people are more willing to be accepting and understanding rather than muck about with it. Let’s just get this done, I don’t think we will have any problems.”
Joshua and Fury agreed financial terms last summer with the purse for the first fight being split down the middle.
The winner will then earn 60 per cent of the purse for the rematch which is expected to take place in the UK in December.
Source: Read Full Article