Tyson Fury is king of the world again after Deontay Wilder stoppage

Tyson Fury completed his Rocky-style comeback by sensationally battering Deontay Wilder into submission to become king of the heavyweight division once again.

Fury vowed he would knock Wilder out after being robbed by the judges in the first fight and he was true to his word as he demolished the WBC champion in seven rounds.

The Gypsy King took Wilder’s WBC title to become the first British fighter to hold all four major heavyweight titles and he also won the Ring Magazine belt for a second time to confirm his status as the division’s No 1.

Such a fantastic achievement seemed impossible a couple of years ago as Fury battled drugs and depression and his weight ballooned.

But he is now back top of the mountain after a win which was even more impressive than his sensational victory over Wladimir Klitschko in 2015.

Wilder looked shattered by the end and he had no answer to Fury’s onslaught and power.

The Bronze Bomber had not been beaten since the 2008 Olympics, but he was made to look ordinary by Fury.

Fury had put on a stone from the first fight 14 months ago to aid his gameplan of going for the knock-out.

Wilder had gained even more weight, although he was still three stone lighter than Fury again, and he clearly wanted to boost his already-formidable punching power.

Wilder was confident of victory and took the unusual step of walking from his suite in the MGM Grand to the Arena through throngs of fans.

Fury was also relaxed and Gordon Ramsay, who seems to have a restaurant in every hotel out here, visited him in his dressing room before the fight.

Box office receipts set a new record for a heavyweight fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena and most of the sell-out crowd cheered for Fury when he did his ring walk.

It was not so much of a walk as a procession as the Gypsy King was carried in on a gold throne, wearing a robe and crown to Patsy Cline’s ‘Crazy’.

Only Fury would attempt such a stunt and only Fury could pull it off.

Fury took centre stage from the first bell and Wilder caught him on the side of the head with a right before he responded with a couple of hooks to the head and strong jab into the champion’s face.

Fury landed a couple more jabs in the second, but he also tasted another right from Wilder and referee Kenny Bayless had to pull them apart at the end of the round.

Fury failed to deliver on his prediction of a second-round KO, but he nearly finished Wilder in the third.

He caught Wilder with a left and then an overhand right to send Wilder to the canvas.

Wilder got up, only to go down again, only this time Bayless ruled it was not a knockdown.

Fury kept up the pressure on Wilder in the fourth and he tripped and fell again with Bayless again saying it was not a knockdown.

Wilder looked knackered and he took an eight count in the fifth when Fury put him down again with a left hook, followed by another left hook to the body.

Fury was deducted a point in the fifth in one small break for Wilder.

Wilder was bleeding from his left ear and was fighting on instinct by the sixth. He looked spent and it seemed only a matter of time before Fury finished him off.

Fury laid into Wilder again and as he pinned him in one corner, his trainer Jay Deas threw in the towel. Bayless accepted it and waved the fight off one minute 39 seconds into round seven.

The Gypsy King had been crowned again

Source: Read Full Article