Deshaun Watson at 11 lawsuits alleging sexual misconduct after more women come forward

Four more women filed civil lawsuits Monday in Texas containing allegations of sexual misconduct or assault against Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson.

Watson, 25, is now facing an array of sexual misconduct and assault claims in Harris County District Court from 11 women – including six massage therapists.

The claims stem from separate alleged incidents that date to March 30, 2020. One of the women who filed suit Monday alleges that the quarterback touched her with his genitals in an incident less than three weeks ago, on March 4.

Watson broadly denied any wrongdoing in a statement on social media last week, writing in part that he had "never treated any woman with anything other than the utmost respect." His attorney, Rusty Hardin, released a statement Friday asking the public to "keep an open mind" before Watson issues a response to the allegations this week.

"I’m extremely proud to represent Deshaun Watson and wholly stand behind him against what we believe are meritless allegations," Hardin said in part of the statement.

Deshaun Watson is facing multiple lawsuit alleging sexual misconduct and assault. (Photo: Troy Taormina, USA TODAY Sports)

The NFL confirmed last week that it is investigating the matter.

All 11 of the unnamed women who have filed suit against Watson are represented by millionaire attorney and former Houston mayoral candidate Tony Buzbee, who said in a news conference Friday that he plans to file at least 12 lawsuits in total.

Buzbee also said Friday that "our next step" would be to submit evidence and affidavits to the Houston Police Department and Harris County District Attorney's Office, who would then consider whether to open a criminal case against Watson.

WATSON'S IMAGE: Allegations against Deshaun Watson are in stark contrast to his NFL image

JARRETT BELL: Deshaun Watson’s legal drama puts career move on pause as NFL GMs weigh allegations

When asked Monday morning about any contact with Buzbee, police spokesperson Victor Senties referred USA TODAY Sports to the department's statement late last week, which said in part that "no incident reports regarding these allegations have been filed in our jurisdiction."

Dane Schiller, a spokesperson for the Harris County District Attorney, said: "It would be inappropriate for a District Attorney’s Office to comment any way on a civil lawsuit, and we refrain from publicly discussing allegations in any matter until and if a criminal charge is filed; We do this out of fairness to all."

The allegations in the four lawsuits filed Monday largely echo those that have been detailed in the remainder of the litigation. Three of the women allege that Watson exposed himself to them during massage sessions on Aug. 2, Jan. 21 and March 4. Two of those women also claim he touched them with his genitals during the incident.

The fourth woman claims that Watson grabbed her genitals and tried to force her to perform oral sex during separate incidents in June and August of last year.

The lawsuits come as Watson, a three-time Pro Bowl honoree, is seeking to leave the Texans, who drafted him with the 12th overall pick in 2017. ESPN reported in January that the Clemson product had grown frustrated with management and requested a trade.

Contact Tom Schad at [email protected] or on Twitter @Tom_Schad.

Source: Read Full Article