The Washington Football Team announced Friday that running back Antonio Gibson was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list ahead of Sunday’s game against rival Philadelphia.
Washington’s top back has been the motor of the club’s ground game. In 15 games, Gibson has generated 891 rushing yards and six touchdowns on 237 carries while battling through injury.
With the NFL/NFL Players Association’s revised COVID-19 protocol, it’s possible for Gibson to be cleared ahead of Sunday if he’s vaccinated and tests negative. Given the timing of his placement on the reserve list, however, it would seem a long shot.
With J.D. McKissic on injured reserve, Gibson’s absence means a hefty load for rookie Jaret Patterson. The undrafted rookie has carried 50 times for 188 yards and a TD this season.
At 6-9, Washington isn’t mathematically eliminated from postseason contention ahead of Sunday bout against the seventh-seeded Eagles.
Washington also placed guard Ereck Flowers on the reserve/COVID-19 list. The club signed punter Ryan Winslow to the practice squad and designated LB Khaleke Hudson to return to practice.
- The Arizona Cardinals have activated offensive lineman Sean Harlow from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Buffalo Bills wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (knee) and defensive lineman Ed Oliver (ankle) are questionable for Sunday.
- Detroit Lions head coach Dan Campbell said Friday that it’s doubtful quarterback Jared Goff (knee) will play Sunday against the Seahawks and that Tim Boyle is likely to start again.
- The Indianapolis Colts have activated running back Marlon Mack and safety Jahleel Addae from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars activated six players from the reserve/COVID-19 list on Friday: defensive lineman Josh Allen, running back Travis Etienne (who reverts to injured reserve), tight end Luke Farrell, linebacker Myles Jack, wide receiver Laviska Shenault Jr., pass rusher Jordan Smith and linebacker Damien Wilson.
- The Minnesota Vikings placed quarterback Kirk Cousins on the reserve/COVID-19 list and he is out for Sunday’s game against the Green Bay Packers, NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers placed linebacker Joe Schobert and defensive lineman Chris Wormley on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers activated receiver Mike Evans from the reserve/COVID-19 list and placed punter Bradley Pinion on the list.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars signed offensive lineman D.J. Fluker to the practice squad.
Source: Read Full Article