Haller ruled out for 'months' following testicular tumour treatment

Borussia Dortmund’s £27m man Sebastien Haller is ruled out for ‘a few months’ following treatment on testicular tumour, as chief Sebastian Kehl insists club will ‘will only do what makes sense’ and not rush his recovery

  • Dortmund’s new signing will be out for ‘months’ after undergoing treatment
  • Sebastien Haller joined the German club from Ajax for £27million earlier in July
  • Haller, 28, complained of feeling ‘unwell’ during a training session last Monday
  • After undergoing medical examinations, a tumour was found in his testicles 

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Sebastian Kehl has confirmed new striker Sebastien Haller has been ruled out of action for ‘a few months’ after he began treatment for a testicular tumour.

The former West Ham forward, 28, complained about feeling unwell following training last Monday and immediate medical examinations detected the tumour.

The Ivory Coast international joined Dortmund from Ajax earlier this month for a reported £27million, making him the most expensive striker in the German club’s history.

Sebastien Haller only completed his move to Dortmund from Ajax earlier this month

Dortmund sporting director Sebastian Kehl confirmed Haller will be out for ‘months’

Haller’s Dortmund debut has been delayed as a result of the treatment following the shock diagnosis. An exact timeframe has not been put on his return to action.

‘Sebastien was operated on last week. We asked for patience at the time. The therapy is currently being discussed,’ Kehl told reporters ahead of the German Cup first-round clash with 1860 Munich on Friday.

‘Sebastien will be out for a few months but once we can be more precise about that we will communicate it.’ 

Haller, who has effectively replaced Erling Haaland after the Norwegian star left Dortmund to join Manchester City, completed the first step of his treatment last week.

Haller shared a photo (above) saying he has completed the first step of his treatment last week

Posting a picture from his hospital bed on Thursday, a smiling Haller tweeted: ‘Hello everyone, I wanted to let you know that Step 1 has been completed!

‘I would like to thank the @BVB (Dortmund) and the medical team who were exceptional with me.

‘A big thank you also to all the nursing staff of the hospital for their support – benevolence.’

Haller added prayer and flexed biceps showing strength emojis to the tweet.

Haller complained of feeling ‘unwell’ during a training session last Monday morning

The Ivorian signed a four-year deal with Dortmund after scoring 32 goals in 36 appearances in all competitions for Ajax last season.

Haller spent one-and-a-half seasons at West Ham, making over 50 appearances, before the Hammers sold him to Ajax for £20.25m in January 2021.

Dortmund quote tweeted Haller’s message and said: ‘Always a smile on his face…get well soon Seb!’

West Ham replied to their former player’s tweet: ‘We’re all with you, Seb!’, adding a heart emoji.




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article