Hartlepool launch probe after Ebbsfleet player accuses fans of ‘n*****’ slur

Hartlepool chief executive Mark Maguire has launched an ­investigation after ­Ebbsfleet forward ­Jermaine McGlashan accused opposition fans of calling him a ‘n*****’.

Officials from the game have taken statements from players while the conduct of the ’Pool official mascot is also under scrutiny after ­pictures showing a clash at the end of the game with Ebbsfleet team members.

Other footage picked out jeers following a PA ­announcement calling for racial abuse to stop.

Referee Aaron Jackson spoke with his ­assistant after McGlashan said he had been abused.

McGlashan later tweeted: “Class from the few ­Hartlepool players that came to see how I was today after being racially abused – not for the first time in a game.

“No room whatsoever for it & hope it gets dealt with accordingly!” McGlashan has also ­endured abuse on social media since Saturday.

It comes after Charlton’s Jonathan Leko said last week that he would think twice about coming forward again to ­report abuse after his own treatment.

Maguire is understood to be working to establish the facts from ­Saturday’s game – but a ­statement from the club ­said it would “hide ­nothing in our thorough ­examination of the facts and will ­respond to any ­enquiries from any authorities.

“Hartlepool United condemn abuse of any nature and we will continue to work closely with the ­relevant bodies to ensure that Victoria Park is a safe and welcoming environment for all supporters, staff and players.”

Ebbsfleet boss Kevin ­Watson reported two ­allegations of crowd abuse.

Source: Read Full Article