Inter Milan chief Piero Ausilio insists Milan Skriniar is NOT for sale

Inter Milan chief Piero Ausilio insists Milan Skriniar is NOT for sale despite contact with Tottenham and says there will be ‘no new additions’ at Serie A side despite links with Marcos Alonso

  • Inter Milan chief Piero Ausilio has insisted Milan Skiriniar is not for sale 
  • Tottenham have been heavily linked with the highly rated centre back 
  • Ausilio confirmed Inter have had contact but received no offers from Spurs 
  • He also said there would be no new signings amid links to Marcos Alonso

Inter Milan chief Piero Ausilio has reiterated Milan Skriniar is ‘not on the market’ despite contact from Tottenham over a possible move. 

Jose Mourinho is looking to add to his squad before the transfer window shuts on October 5 and has been heavily linked with a move for the highly rated centre back, but has not made an offer.

Fulham are also reportedly keen on Skriniar, who is valued at £45million, with Scott Parker wanting to bring in a defender after his side conceded 10 goals in their first three games.   

Inter Milan chief Piero Ausilio has insisted Tottenham target Milan Skriniar is not for sale

Ausilio confirmed there had been contact from Spurs but that they had received no offer

But Ausilio has reiterated that the Slovakia international is going nowhere and also confirmed Mateo Ranocchia would remain at the club. 

‘Ranocchia remains. There was a discussion with Genoa, but we decided to keep him with us,’ he told Sky Italy.

‘We think he could be very useful, on and off the pitch. Skriniar? I repeat: there was contact with Tottenham, but we reiterated that he is not on the market and we have not received any special offers.’

The 25-year-old made 42 appearances in all competitions as Inter made it to the Europa League final after finishing second in Serie A. 

The 25-year-old made 42 appearances in all competitions for the Serie A side last season 

The Inter chief also said there would be no new additions despite links with Marcos Alonso

The Italians have been linked with a move for Chelsea’s Marcos Alonso after the left back was on the wrong end of a dressing down from Frank Lampard during his side’s 3-3 draw at West Brom.

Alonso was said to be keen on a reunion with former manager Antonio Conte but Ausilio played down the links, stating there would be no new arrivals at the San Siro.

‘The market ends shortly. Numerically we are okay, indeed we have to confirm the exits of some players. For now, there will be no new additions.’ 




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article