When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Jadon Sancho is confident he will join Manchester United this summer and both his current club, Borussia Dortmund, and the Red Devils are also optimistic of reaching a £77million agreement, according to reports.
United are in official talks with Dortmund to bring Sancho to Old Trafford one year on from deciding they would not pay Dortmund’s £108m valuation of the England international.
The asking price has dropped over £30m however and that has led United to focus their attention on signing the 21-year-old forward in the upcoming transfer window, that officially opens this coming Friday.
The player has long been admired by United and Dortmund were unwilling to budge last year but it has been claimed they are more open to selling Sancho this time around.
And German outlet SPORT1 say all parties involved are working to reach a solution and that sources from both clubs and the player say all are optimistic of doing so.
The report says there is gradual movement being made towards an agreement as negotiations continue, though an opening offer has yet to be tabled by United.
Sancho is said to have essentially already agreed personal terms having verbally agreed a contract with United last summer.
And that means should the two clubs agree on a fee, a deal should be concluded relatively swiftly.
Sancho is currently with the England national team preparing for Euro 2020 with the Three Lions attacker hoping to be in Gareth Southgate’s thinking to start against Croatia in their opening match on June 13.
It remains to be seen if United can clinch a deal before the Euros begin but forward steps are clearly being made to sign the attacker, who is under contract until 2023.
And United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has promised first-team investment with the Norwegian coach also keen to strengthen at centre-back, right-back and in central midfield, as well as potentially up top too
“We are second best, but too far behind to threaten those who won. Then we have to strengthen ourselves,” Solskjaer told Norwegian outlet TV.
“Of course, something will happen in the transition window. The world has become very different than 15-16 months ago, but we have to make some moves on the transfer window, but also with the team.
MORE MAN UTD NEWS…
Man Utd step up ‘significant’ Kieran Trippier interest with fresh talks
Juventus’ private stance on Ronaldo exit as Man Utd offered transfer
How Man Utd could line up with 5 signings after Glazer transfer pledge
“It is never possible to sit back. You are constantly looking for reinforcements. Football is dynamic, so unexpected things can happen such as injuries, illness, something familiar or that someone wants to move.
“You have to take everything possible into consideration and reflection. I will never sit down and think that ‘now the team is the way I want it to be’, because you always see some other players or other teams doing something you want.”
SPORT1’s report marries closely with what Sky Sports are saying, their report claiming that all parties are ‘cautiously optimistic’ of concluding talks.
They also similarly say personal terms will not be a problem between United and Sancho with the player having been keen to move to Manchester a year ago.
Chelsea and Liverpool are among the other clubs linked to Liverpool but it appears United are the team who will secure the England international’s signature if anyone this summer.
Source: Read Full Article