Newcastle view on Zinedine Zidane appointment explained as Steve Bruce faces sack

Newcastle legend Alan Shearer discusses the club takeover

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Newcastle don’t have any appetite to appoint Zinedine Zidane despite his glittering CV, according to reports. The Frenchman won the lot during his two spells at Real Madrid. But, though Steve Bruce is set to be sacked, it doesn’t appear as though the 1998 World Cup winner will take over on Tyneside.

Newcastle are now flushed with cash.

It was confirmed on Thursday that they were now under new ownership, with the Mike Ashley Era over and Mohammed Bin Salman now the man in charge.

Newcastle, as a result, are now poised to change things. Both on and off the field.

Bruce is expected to leave the club imminently, with the former Sunderland boss poised to lose his job after two underwhelming years in charge.

And the Daily Record have now opened up on their stance regarding Zidane.

It’s claimed that there ‘doesn’t appear to be any appetite’ from Newcastle’s new owners when it comes to giving the Frenchman the job.

THINK YOU KNOW SPORT? Test your sporting knowledge with our tricky quiz

And that means the Toon are poised to look elsewhere, though Graeme Jones is set to lead them against Tottenham next Sunday.

https://crossfitcaliforniacity.com/tennis/coco-gauff-sets-sights-on-grand-slam-win-next-year-as-emma-raducanu-inspires-american/

The publication also claims Antonio Conte and Roberto Mancini won’t be taking over from Bruce, either.

Conte has won trophies with Juventus, Chelsea and Inter Milan and is considered one of the best managers on the entire planet.

Yet he’s currently beyond their reach, with the Italian waiting for a top team to become available instead.

Mancini is happy in charge of the Italy national team, especially after winning the European Championships back in the summer.

But one person who is being considered is Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard.

DON’T MISS

Ronaldo may block Man Utd from hiring Conte

Conte’s comments on Tottenham job with Nuno under fire

Latest Guendouzi antics show Arsenal were right to sell

Gerrard has worked wonders at Rangers so far, helping them beat Celtic to the Scottish Premiership title last season.

And whether Newcastle are able to get him in the door, while he’s still doing well at Ibrox, remains to be seen.

Speaking recently, meanwhile, Bruce hinted he was expecting to leave – though did insist he’d like to stay.

“I want to continue, I’d like the chance to show the new owners what I can do,” he said.

“But you have to be realistic and they may well want a new manager to launch things for them.

”New owners normally want a new manager. I’ve been around long enough to understand that.

“That decision is not up to me. I accept that and I will accept what comes my way.

“I have to wait to have those conversations with people when the time is right.”

And he added: “This is not about me, I cannot stress that enough.

“I have said from the first day news of this takeover came out in public, that if it is the best thing for the football club, if it takes this magnificent football club forward then I am all for it.

“I am not going to be bitter or angry about anything, whatever happens.

“Of course there will be sadness if I lose my job, it’s the job I’ve wanted my whole life, certainly since I became a manager and as hard as it’s been, I have been enormously proud to be manager of Newcastle United. That will never change.

“Do you know what? I’m not the most important talking point now.

“What happens to me, well, it’s not irrelevant, but this is about the football club and its future.

“I really hope this is the start of an exciting new era, it certainly sounds exciting when you read about how much money Saudi Arabians have.”

Source: Read Full Article