Porto boss furiously blasts club for agreeing to Liverpool’s Luis Diaz transfer

Porto boss Sergio Conceicao has blasted the club for putting him in a ‘very difficult situation’ by selling Luis Diaz to Liverpool.

Diaz joined the Reds on Sunday in a deal worth around £37million, bringing a near-three year stay in Portugal to an end.

The Colombian had starred for Porto this season, scoring 16 goals in all competitions this season to help them cement their place at the top of the Primeira Liga, without losing a game.

That form attracted the interest of Jurgen Klopp, who made a successful move for him last week to steal the winger from under the noses of Premier League rivals Tottenham.

Porto have replaced Diaz in part with the deadline day signing of Galerno from SC Braga, though Conceicao remains unhappy at the decision to sanction the sale of his star attacker.

The Portuguese boss believes that Diaz’s departure will make it far more difficult for his side to achieve their objectives for the season.

“In big companies and big clubs, planning is done according to the objectives,” Conceicao told Sport TV.

“When there is little or no planning, we have to review the goals and think about the near future.

Will Luis Diaz be a success at Liverpool? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section…

“I’m demanding and, at the moment, the truth is that it’s more difficult, but it’s part of my job to find solutions.

“It’s looking to the future and realising that our goals may become more difficult to achieve.”

Conceicao also admitted that he has been placed in a “difficult situation” and hinted at his displeasure that financial reward had been placed ahead of winning trophies.

“We’re talking about four important players who have left in recent years, including Luis Díaz, who were among the best players in the league in recent years and had their weight in the team,” he said.

Don't miss a thing with our football updates!

Want to be on the ball with all of the latest football news?

Well then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star football email newsletter!

From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox – don't miss a thing.

How do you sign up?

It only takes a matter of seconds.

Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.

And that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.

You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.

“Today there were two full-backs, two goalkeepers, two defenders and two boys from the academy on the bench.

“It’s part of my job, to find solutions in a very difficult situation, where the financial aspect was clearly stronger than sporting success.”

Source: Read Full Article