Manchester United interim boss Ralf Rangnick has sent a message of support to Harry Maguire after the defender and his family received a bomb threat earlier this week.
On Wednesday, an email was sent to Maguire which claimed a device had been planted in his Alderley Edge property.
Cheshire Police conducted a search of the home he shares with his fiancee Ferne Hawkins, and their two young children, and no device was discovered.
Understandably, Maguire was said to have been shaken by the terrifying incident, and Rangnick has stated everyone at the club is behind him.
‘I haven’t seen him because I only got to know about this terrible, terrible thing yesterday afternoon and since then I haven’t been able to speak with him,’ said Rangnick on Friday.
‘This is another bad sign of the crazy world we’re living in and obviously, I feel very sorry for Harry that he had that terrible experience. He knows that we are all behind him, the club is behind him, everybody, the players, his teammates.
‘It’s sad enough that crazy things like that happen.’
United take on Arsenal on Saturday, but will do so without Paul Pogba, who suffered a calf injury in the 4-0 defeat to Liverpool in midweek.
On Pogba’s injury situation, and whether he will play again this season, Rangnick said: ‘The doctor told me it will take four weeks minimum for him to recover.
‘So I don’t think it is very likely that he will be able to play again.’
For more stories like this, check our sport page.
Follow Metro Sport for the latest news onFacebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Source: Read Full Article