Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo is reportedly impressed by the handling of his transfer request from new CEO Richard Arnold as he pushes for a summer exit.
The five-time Ballon d'Or winner, 37, has stated his intention to leave Old Trafford in the transfer window after failing to prevent their worst season in Premier League history. Ronaldo has not travelled with the rest of the United squad for pre-season in Thailand, citing family reasons, and newly-installed CEO Arnold is vying with the Portuguese icon to stay put.
However, should Ronaldo decide he wants out, the United chief will not stand in his way. The former Real Madrid striker has even been given permission by Arnold to explore moves elsewhere before reaching a decision.
READ MORE: Man Utd's new priority transfer would become smallest centre-back in the Premier League
According to The Times, Ronaldo's super agent Jorge Mendes has already been in contact with Chelsea and Bayern Munich, regarding a summer switch. New Blues owner Todd Boehly is spearheading a lucrative move for Portugal's record goalscorer, eyeing a state mark signing in his first transfer window, however, boss Thomas Tuchel remains unconvinced.
Already in the twilight years of his career, Ronaldo is eager to continue playing at the highest level possible. Man United's absence from the Champions League, as well as a lack of transfer activity, is believed to have swayed his thinking after originally intending to see out his two-year deal.
HAVE YOUR SAY! Should Cristiano Ronaldo leave Manchester United? Let us know in the comments section below
With only Tyrell Malacia through the door so far this summer, Arnold and John Murtough, United’s football director, flew out to Barcelona on Sunday (July 10) with the aim of finalising Frenkie de Jong's stalled transfer saga.
The Netherlands international, 25, is still adamant he wants to remain in Catalunya, despite Man Utd agreeing a £56million fee with Barcelona for his transfer, but the Red Devils remain confident of securing Erik ten Hag's top target.
The stance from the United boss on Ronaldo has not changed. Addressing rumours linking the Portuguese ace with a move elsewhere Ten Hag said: "I have read [that he wants to leave], but what I say is Cristiano is not for sale. He is in our plans and we want success together. I’m looking forward to working with him."
He added: "He’s not with us due to a personal issue. I spoke with him before this issue came up, I had a good talk with him then. [What was said] is between Cristiano and me, but I can confirm we had a really good conversation together."
Man Utd will play Liverpool at Bangkok's revamped 50,000 stadium with unusual design
Luke Shaw blasts ex-Man Utd managers and says Erik ten Hag finally brings 'structure'
Nani signs for A-League club after transforming from skinny Man Utd star to bulky unit
Source: Read Full Article