How do Mo Salah’s wages compare to the rest of world football? His new £400,000-a-week salary at Liverpool makes him the highest-paid player in the Premier League ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo, but he is dwarfed by PSG stars Kylian Mbappe and Lionel Messi
- Mo Salah has agreed a new contract at Liverpool worth £400,000-a-week
- It makes the Egyptian forward the biggest earner throughout the Premier League
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Kevin De Bruyne were previously the best paid in England
- But Salah is beaten by Kylian Mbappe, whose new PSG deal nets him £1m-a-week
Mo Salah’s new £400,000-per-week salary at Liverpool makes him one of the best paid footballers across the globe.
Following months of speculation about the Egyptian’s future, Liverpool stunned the world by announcing that he had agreed a new contract to stay at Anfield until 2025.
Having seen Sadio Mane depart the club for Bayern Munich last month, Jurgen Klopp will be delighted to keep hold of Salah, who has been instrumental in the Reds’ success over recent years.
Mo Salah’s new £400,000-per-week makes him one of the best paid footballers in the world
It is therefore unsurprising that his improved wages make him the highest-paid player in Liverpool’s history.
Salah is also now the biggest earner in the whole of the Premier League, ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kevin De Bruyne, who are on reported salaries of £385,000-per-week.
Manchester City’s newest recruit Erling Haaland is close behind on £375,000-per-week, the same wage as Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea.
Salah has moved ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo as the biggest earner in the Premier League
Ronaldo and Manchester City’s Kevin De Bruyne are on reported wages of £385,000-per-week
Salah, 30, ranks as the fourth highest-paid footballer worldwide but his salary is dwarfed by those ahead of him – all of whom play for Qatari-backed Paris Saint-Germain.
Neymar comes in at third-place with £606,000-per-week, but there is then a huge jump to the top two.
Lionel Messi actually took a pay cut when he joined PSG from Barcelona last summer, but he is still on a staggering salary of £960,000-per-week.
Lionel Messi joined PSG last summer and is on a staggering salary of £960,000-per-week
Kylian Mbappe’s new three-year contract with the Ligue 1 side will net him £1million-per-week
That made the Argentinian superstar the biggest earner in the world until a few weeks ago, when he was overtaken by team-mate Kylian Mbappe.
PSG pulled out all the stops to keep the 23-year-old in the French capital amid heavy interest from Real Madrid and Mbappe eventually signed a new three-year contract with the Ligue 1 side reported to be worth £1million-per-week.
That will certainly take some beating.
HIGHEST-PAID PLAYERS IN WORLD FOOTBALL
1. Kylian Mbappe (PSG) – £1,000,000-per-week
2. Lionel Messi (PSG) – £960,000-per-week
3. Neymar (PSG) – £606,000-per-week
4. Mo Salah (Liverpool) – £400,000-per-week
5. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) – £385,000-per-week
= Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) – £385,000-per-week
7. Erling Haaland (Manchester City) – £375,000-per-week
= David de Gea (Man Utd) – £375,000-per-week
9. Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid, on loan from Barcelona) – £356,000-per-week
10. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) – £350,000-per-week
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article