Ratcliffe leaves Old Trafford after Man Utd takeover talks
Sheikh Jassim thinks reports saying Sir Jim Ratcliffe is the frontrunner to buy Manchester United is part of a conspiracy, it has been claimed. Both men are the standout candidates to purchase the club. However, they’re currently being kept in the dark as the saga continues to rumble on.
Earlier in the week, widespread reports said Ratcliffe was leading Sheikh Jassim in the battle to buy United.
The INEOS chief is willing to let brothers Joel and Avram Glazer stay in a reduced capacity should his bid be successful, something that has apparently given him the edge.
According to the Daily Mail, however, Sheikh Jassim believes this is merely a rouse from the Raine Group to invite even higher bids from both parties.
What’s more is that Ratcliffe feels the same, too.
The two candidates are yet to hear back from the Raine Group as they look to buy United, with the pair being ‘kept in the dark’ about the situation.
Man Utd transfers: Ten Hag wants another Pogba and it makes sense
Ratcliffe remains confident due to his willingness to let the Glazers keep a 20 per cent stake in the club.
But the report also adds it is ‘not clear’ how such a deal would be structured, with 31 per cent of the club owned by non-Glazer shareholders.
As things stand, the situation is in a state of flux.
Sheikh Jassim isn’t entirely out of the race and wants to buy 100 per cent of the club, something he’s unwilling to compromise on.
But things should become clearer in the coming days, with the end of the season rapidly approaching.
Mason Greenwood seems to have performed U-turn over Man Utd future[LATEST]
Man Utd have four options when it comes to Greenwood’s No 11 shirt[COMMENT]
Man Utd ‘make firm transfer decision’ as Greenwood saga takes turn[TRANSFER NEWS]
Manager Erik ten Hag is still unsure of how much he’ll have to spend this summer, amid interest in the likes of Harry Kane, Declan Rice and Frenkie de Jong.
And, speaking after United’s 2-0 victory over Wolves on Saturday, the 53-year-old admitted he was making plans for new recruits.
“I will go for high standards so I am planning my squad for next season in the background,” he said.
“It is up to others to decide if the finances are there.”
Last month, the Manchester United Supporters’ Trust called on the Glazers to speed up the sale process.
Want the latest football news? Join our brand new Facebook group by clicking here
“When it was announced in November that the Glazers were undertaking a ‘strategic review’ and inviting offers to buy the Club, MUST welcomed the news and went on to urge the majority owners to move ahead with the process with speed, so that any period of uncertainty was as short as possible,” a statement read.
“Nearly five months on, we read speculation that offers from prospective buyers remain below the Glazers valuation, and that a third round of offers will now be invited.
“With Erik Ten Hag having made such great progress in his first season, and with the vital summer transfer window a matter of weeks away, the news of these delays and further prolonged uncertainty are of great concern.
“We are also unable to move forward on major investment projects – not least the stadium redevelopment as we remain in limbo.
“We are in dire need of new investment, which undoubtedly requires new ownership.
“MUST, along with United fans all around the world, are calling for this process to be concluded without further delay.”
United are next in action against Bournemouth next Sunday.
They beat the Cherries 3-0 earlier in the season and a similar result would move them closer to securing Champions League football.
Source: Read Full Article
Erik ten Hag fires dig at Man Utd board over transfer approach
Leicester fans spotted fighting in stands as Premier League relegation confirmed
Ajax star goes loco and punches fan after team-mate was ‘racially abused’
Alba, Busquets bid tearful farewell to Camp Nou
Roy Keane tells Man Utd to sell undroppable ‘that won’t win Ten Hag trophies’