Tottenham set for £3bn takeover bid from Iranian-American magnate

Antonio Conte suggests some Tottenham players collapse under pressure

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Iranian-American billionaire Jahm Najafi is reportedly preparing a £3million takeover for Tottenham, with ENIC tempted to cash in on the Premier League outfit.

The Financial Times report that Najafi, the chair of MSP Sports Capital, is working to structure a bid for the club and are preparing to approach owner Joe Lewis and chairman Daniel Levy with his offer.

The offer values Spurs at £3bn, with MSP and partners willing to put forward 70% of the purchase price. The remaining 30% will reportedly come from backers from the Gulf, in particular Abu Dhabi.

Najafi is desperate to acquire a Premier League club and believes he would be able to guide the club to success on the domestic stage as well as in Europe, which will be music to the ears of Tottenham supporters. Fans have grown tired of ENIC failing to deliver silverware and have protested previously against the ownership, particularly Levy.

Reports have circulated previously that ENIC are potentially interested in a sale following 22 years of ownership – who own 86.58% of the club. The club have been ‘shrewd’ in their financial management over the years, though Levy has admitted that it has come at the expense of fans having a growing desire to lift a trophy – having last won a competition in 2008 despite being considered one of the ‘Big Six’.

In a statement released last week alongside Spurs’ financial results, the chairman said: “The landscape of the Premier League has changed significantly. It is understandable that some fans call for more spending, much of which is unsustainable for many clubs.

“We are competing in a league in which we have seen increased sovereign wealth ownership and consortia finance; and in a league where the spending power is now vested in the hands of a few who dominate and have the ability to distort the market.”


We’ll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.

For the latest news and breaking news visit: [/sport/football](/sport/football “smartCard-inline”) . Stay up to date with all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.

Follow us on Twitter @dexpress_sport – the official Daily Express & []( “‌”) Twitter account – providing real news in real time.

We’re also on Facebook @dailyexpresssport – offering your must-see news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day to like, comment and share from the Daily Express, Sunday Express and []( “‌”).

Source: Read Full Article