Vinicius Jr’s agents ‘have put forward the possibility of the forward LEAVING Real Madrid’ after ‘so many racist insults’ from fans this season, claim reports in Brazil – but the player ‘has not considered an exit’, despite ‘being pushed to the limit’
- Vinicius Jr’s agents ‘have put forward the possibility of leaving Real Madrid’
- It comes after the forward has received racial abuse throughout the season
- But the Brazilian ‘has not considered an exit’ despite ‘being pushed to the limit’
Vinicius Jr’s agents have, according to reports, ‘put forward the possibility of the forward leaving Real Madrid’ due to the forward having suffered ‘so many racist insults this season’.
According to ESPN, while 22-year-old’s agents had put forward proposals to leave the club, the Brazilian reportedly ‘does not consider this idea, despite being at the limit.’
It comes after he was again subjected to racial insults during Real Madrid’s 1-0 loss by Valencia on Sunday night.
Diego Lopez scored for the home side just before half-time, with Madrid pressing late on in the game for an equaliser.
But with the ball going out of play behind the goal, Vinicius claimed spectators in the stand had made racial insults towards him, with the forward singling out one person in particular, pointing at him angrily, before the game was stopped for several minutes.
According to reports, Vinicius Jr’s (middle) agents have ‘put forward the possibility of the forward leaving Real Madrid’
It comes after he has been subjected to multiple racist insults throughout this season
But the Brazilian reportedly ‘does not consider this idea [Real Madrid exit], despite being at the limit’
It comes as yet another occasion where the Brazilian forward has been racially discriminated against this season.
LaLiga recently filed their eighth complaint to Spanish authorities after the winger suffered more abuse during their El Clasico defeat back in March.
In ugly scenes at the Mestalla Stadium, Vinicius was also given a red card for striking Valencia’s Hugo Duro in the dying embers of the match.
After the game, his manager Carlo Ancelotti did not want to talk about the football but instead was incensed at the incident, that once again, Vinicius had been racially abused.
The Italian revealed what he had said to the referee during the game, saying to reporters: ‘I told him he has to stop the match. He told me that the protocol says that you have to report it, but he has been insulted from the first minute.
When asked how Vinicius was doing, the manager replied: ‘He’s very sad, angry… no, it’s sadness. This can’t happen.’
‘Stop the match,’ Ancelotti said, when he was questioned on what the solution was.
‘For me, it’s to stop the match. It’s clear that this can’t go on, it’s impossible. He is the player who receives the most fouls and the most insults.
The Brazilian, who has returned 23 goals and 21 assists in 53 games across all competitions this season, posted a picture on his Instagram earlier this evening with the following caption.
‘It wasn’t the first time, not the second and not the third,’ he wrote.
Racism is normal in La Liga. The competition thinks it’s normal, so does the Federation and the opponents encourage it. I am soo sorry .
‘The championship that once belonged to Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Cristiano and Messi, today belongs to the racists. A beautiful nation, which welcomed me and I love, but which accepted to export the image to the world from a racist country.
‘Sorry for the Spaniards who do not agree, but today, in Brazil, Spain is known as a country of racists.
‘And unfortunately with everything that happens on a weekly basis, I have no way to defend. I agree.
‘But I’m strong and will go to the end against the racists. Even though its far from here.’
Meanwhile, Valencia have issued a public statement ‘condemning insults and attacks of all kinds in football’ following the incident.
A post shared by Vinicius Jr. ⚡️🇧🇷 (@vinijr)
Carlo Ancelotti (left) revealed he told the referee that ‘he had to stop the match’ after Vinicius was subjected to racial discrimination in Real Madrid’s 1-0 defeat by Valencia on Sunday night
The Italian (left) also said ‘it’s clear that this can’t go on, it’s impossible’ when recounting the incident
After the game, Valencia issued a statment ‘publicly condemning insults and attacks of all kinds in football’
It reads: ‘Valencia CF wish to publicly condemn insults and attacks of all kinds in football.
‘The club have a firm commitment to the values of respect and sportsmanship, and reiterate our position against physical and verbal violence in stadiums. Thus, we are saddened by the events that occurred during the LaLiga Matchday 35 match against Real Madrid.
‘Although this is an isolated episode, insults to any opposing player have no place in football and do not fit with the values and identity of Valencia CF. The club are investigating what occurred and will take the most severe measures against the perpetrators. Valencia CF also condemn any offence and request the utmost respect for our fans.
‘Whilst strongly denouncing these isolated incidents, Valencia CF would like to thank the more than 46,000 fans in attendance for their support for the team.’
Source: Read Full Article
Could a woman manage a Premier League team in the future? Vote HERE
Sarina Wiegman’s divisive selection reveals England’s plan to combat the unknown
Sarina Wiegman unwilling to take risks with Beth Mead’s fitness for World Cup
The year that sportswashing won: A season that changed football forever
Craig Bellamy was booted out of Man City training ‘just for asking a question’